Monday, September 25, 2006

Weeping may last for the night...but joy comes in the morning

I find myself at my desk weeping. My family has just left to go back home, and though I will be headed there in 4 days, I'm having a hard time. This is the difficult part of walking out God's provision. Doug felt like both interviews went well and we are praying that the job that is NOT 55 hrs/wk. is the one that will work out at a good pay and quick start date. (Cross your fingers and toes for relocation package!)

Let me tell you about the housing God has provided. I spent the first week with my MIL who lives 1/2 mile from my office. She has a 1 bedroom condo and I stayed on the couch. Thought I might stay there until my first paycheck arrived so I could get an apartment. When she found out that would be at the end of three weeks...well, let's just say she was unprepared.

So I called a couple of friends in town. The next day I moved to the pastor's home 25 miles away - they have a MIL's suite that had a bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen/living room with its own entrance. She stocked the frig for me and made dinner in the evening! I can't tell you how much I appreciate this family. Talk about instant in season and out.

I was there for nearly two weeks until I moved to the vacant, but furnished home of a friend's daughter. It was also 25 miles away, but in the other direction. The joy of Tulsa is that at each place it only takes 30 minutes to go those 25 miles in rush hour! This home is awfully cute and is such a blessing. After the stress of the MIL's house, I certainly didn't want to overstay my welcome anywhere. There is room for my older daughter, who is here and looking for a job, and myself. God bless this family as well!

Oh, while at the pastor's home I learned of a house that he was buying that is about 5 miles from my job. He wanted to know if we would be interested in renting or lease/puchase -ing it from him! It is beautiful, much nicer than any home I have lived in since I married. It is also well within our price range. Three blessings for me!

Here's the hitch: The house in which I am currently staying is on the market and is getting a lot of realtor attention. Even if it sold right awa

No comments: