We have weathered yet another family crisis since my last post. I don't have enough perspective to post about it yet - it involves others and I don't want to uncover anyone as I pour out my own heart. I consider my life an open book, ask me anything, but it's not fair to open other's books. So, I'll just do a meme and give you a little update.
My oldest has moved back home. It's a good thing as far as I can tell. My middle has her first boyfriend and I'm trying not to overrun her excitement with my own. Perhaps I'm a little over-involved here. It's just so much fun seeing that happen and remembering how it felt. We're getting all the last minute preparations done for sending her off to college - 4 miles away. I wanted her to experience the whole college shebang, and she's all for it. The youngest is daily removing more skin and blood on his skateboard, and has finally passed me in height. Not that I'm an Amazon at 5'4", but it was a big step for him.
My big news is 1) a cd produced back in Texas, on which I sang "Great Is Thy Faithfulness", found its way to Iraq, where apparently it is ministering to our troops. See, I got an email from the chaplain there telling me about it. How neat to know that something I love to do is an encouragement to weary and discouraged soldiers. 2) I'll be preaching in a couple of weeks. For the first time. To the whole congregation. *gulp* My pastor will be in Israel for our denominational convention and has asked me to fill in the first Sunday. Wow. Pray. And for those Baptists out there - it will be o.k. trust me. it's an eternal security thing.
On to the meme: 5 favorite local restaurants - Tulsa
1) Los Cabos at Riverwalk Crossing - it's honestly quite difficult to choose a favorite Mexican restaurant because I love this food so much I could eat it everyday. Unless I was in Colorado, because theirs is just weird! This restaurant has a beautiful view of the river, live music, patio seating (when it's not raining - 18 of the last 26 days!), and fabulous food. I also love Abuelo's for its avocado enchiladas and los mejores de la casa, but it's a chain - not local.
2) Rib Crib - technically this is a chain, but it's based in Tulsa, so there. Great b-b-q at excellent prices. I love me some b-b-q.
3) Mekong River - fresh, tasty Vietnamese food in a clean, if sparse atmosphere. This is the real thing and if you haven't had this kind of food before, take a friend who has.
4) Bellacino's - great, but pricey grinders. so good and so big, I guess if you split one you might not see it as pricey.
5) Goldie's - The best hamburgers evah! This is an Oklahoma chain that started in Tulsa. These burgers are so good my husband, the king of "with everything," eats them straight-up.
There you have it! Have a happy Independence Day!