Monday, November 19, 2007

God is in His heaven, and all is right with the world!

I'm off, that's right, off for the entire week! I slept late this morning, after, of course, being trampled by a parti-colored standard poodle-dork at dark-thirty o'clock. I have lists and lists made. I love me some lists. We got a Christmas tree from a family at church and it's already put up! Slap me silly and feed me biscuits! I don't even know what to think!

Basically, everything is purchased for the annual Thanksgiving Camp-Out. This year is a real challenge because we will be the only ones camping. Usually there are 4 or more families, so the cooking duties are divided and at least one family has a real oven. However, we are on our own with just a pop-up. The kids are going to have to step up and really help this year. The forecast is cooperating and it's going to be nice and COLD! YAY! WE LOVE COLD! I know, most of you think I'm insane, but when you live your entire life in Texas, cold is a wonderful thing, and a primary reason for moving a bit north.

My middle child, second daughter Rachel Roxanne, has a new blog and wants me to put out the word to everyone to read it. http://rroxannet.blogspot.com/ Let me explain, she doesn't proofread. As a magazine editor, I am practicing "Serenity Now" even as I type. Also, SAGA is the cafeteria on her college campus. Finally, she is very funny, so check it out and leave her a comment.

Alas, so much to do, so little diet Coke. Have a wonderful holiday, sweet friends!

2 comments:

Barb said...

So how was the Thanksgiving campout? We did a lot of camping with our girls when they were still home but we never went camping for Thanksgiving. We could have, I suppose, because we had a motorhome with a full kitchen. I'm really curious how this first time out without all the other families and their oven and turkey fryer went.

I hope you all had a wonderful time.

Judith said...

I so understand moving north from Texas. It's part of the reason we're where we are.

Your camp out sounds like a more fun way to do Thanksgiving enjoying the outdoors. Who says turkeys always have to be baked!