Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Christmas Miracle!

Obviously that intention to post more often "gang aft agley." However, I did survive the semester - two "A"s thankyouverymuch! I don't think I'll try two evening classes again. The whole semester was junk food 3 meals a day. Bleah.

We had some stresses throughout this time. My grandmother-in-law passed away just 3 weeks after being diagnosed with cancer, my mother-in-law had a heart attack scare, and my husband developed a mysterious G.I. bleed and bowel ischemia that resolved itself with no explanation. Oh there were lots of tests, lots of bills, and a 5 day stay in our local hospital. But no explanation. My 16 yr. old son is experiencing a great deal of teenage angst - camp friend killed in a car accident 2 days before Thanksgiving, first love broke up with him by text right after that, and a good friend just moved to Switzerland. I wouldn't be 16 again for love ner money!

We camped again at Thanksgiving, which went pretty well. It was a nice campground with only one other camper there the whole time. The weather was just cold enough and the food was great. I miss my camping buddies, though. It's just not the same without them.

Once again, Christmas will be lean. I'm trying to keep a stiff upper lip about the whole thing - tell myself it's o.k. to wait till Jan.15th for my husband's quarterly bonus to come in - but a big part of me is not buying it. You'd think I'd be good at this "wait upon the Lord" thing by now. Not so much.

So, while I know this post has all the rousing Christmas spirit of the first half of "A Christmas Carol," the miracle is - I did post. I'm still believing for something to come through before Thursday. "Hope springs eternal" and all that. Remember us in your prayers - if anyone is still out there. I've enjoyed reading your blogs this semester - they've kept me going through this difficult time. Thanks!

No comments: