Friday, December 08, 2006

ABC - easy as 123, name that supergroup!

I really need to go to remedial blogging school because I can't, for the life of me, figure out how to do buttons! So this is my undecorated ABC meme:

A - Available or not: Married for 23 years, longer than I was single.

B - Best friend: I count my husband as best, but if we exclude husbands, probably my niece Erica. I feel very separate from all my friends right now, as apparently none of us are good about calling or writing.

C - Cake or pie: hard to say, I like both, but I think I like more types of pie than cake. And is cheesecake a cake or a pie? Doesn't really matter, I'll eat it either way.

D - Drink of choice: Diet Coke, but if I didn't have to mind my carbs it would be Starbucks Chai Latte.

E - Essential item you use every day: Palm Treo 600 PDA/Phone. It's my life.

F - Favorite color: Green - from Emerald to Forest, & Purple - deep Purple

G - Gummy bears or worms: Cherry Sours

H - Hometown: Irving, Tx

I - Indulgence: Good sheets and blankets, the best I can afford

J - January or February: February, it's the month for lovers, and it's my oldest's birthday

K - Kids and names: Andrea Rebecca - 20, Rachel Roxanne - 17, Zachary Dennis - 14, Joe (the dog) - 4

L - Life is incomplete without: my hubby and aforementioned kids (and dog)

M - Marriage date: October 8,1983

N - Number of siblings: 3, 1 brother and 2 sisters, all older

O - Oranges or apples: Oranges, best of all Clementine Tangerines

P - Phobias or fears: stairs, which is why I never ran for Miss America. Who can walk down those stairs in a swimsuit and heels without a bannister? and heights.

Q - Favorite quote: Jeremiah 29:11 "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" NIV I'm holding hard to this one right now.

R - Reason to smile: Boo Mama, who I am missing dearly (please blog!), my middle child's rendition of Silent Night, sung sincerely in several different keys at once (how did this happen?) when I was having a particularly weepy day at work last week, I get to go home for a week at Christmas

S - Season: Fall, it's always such a beautiful relief from summer

T - Tag 3 or 4 people: Andrea at You Just Think I'm Normal, Erica at Seeking Perfect Peace (who has yet to blog, the dirty lurker!), and anyone else who hasn't done this one yet.

U - Unknown fact about me: My guilty listening pleasures are Prince and Janet Jackson

V - Vegetable you don't like: Where to begin? I've never asked for a big plate of any vegetable other than maybe Asparagus, since potatoes don't count as a vegetable. My MOST HATED is broccoli. X-P

W - Worst habit: procrastination. I love a crazy deadline and the adrenaline rush of pulling it off at the last minute. It's pathological really.

X - X-rays: teeth in the last 5 years

Y - Your favorite food: Shrimp or Steak - I'm not a cheap date

Z - Zodiac sign: Leo - and I do seem to fit the profile, though how everyone born on that day could be the same is a mystery to me. I won't listen to or read a horoscope on religious principles at any rate.

1 comment:

Barb said...

We are Leo sisters! I should have known that the minute I saw that you included your dog in the list of kids. Me too, of course. Who wouldn't?

I'm with you on the sheets, blankets, pillows, all bedding in general. My bed is truly my one luxury. OK, my spa bathroom is a luxury, too, but I don't love it as much as I love my bedding.

How nice that you get to go home for a week. I couldn't stand it if you couldn't do that.

I love ALL vegetables (except turnips which don't count because they're just big dirty roots anyway). But that's OK. We can still be friends. :-)