Sunday, July 09, 2006

Busted! Again!

Rewind to yesterday. My dear husband and I are totally wound up over this interview thing and acting like a couple of snapping turtles for 2 days. Finally he tossed the straw that broke the camel's back. I let him have it - both barrels. I was SO right!

This morning getting ready for church, really quiet. Shower talk with God - I was so right - but I don't think I handled it well and he probably will miss how right I was because of my delivery.

Fast forward to the sermon - The Power of the Tongue/Liberties and Boundaries. OUCH! I was SO wrong. Wish I had apologized before church. I when that happens! What's with the stinkin' direct feed camera from my house to the pastor's house?

So I will have to spend the next howeverlong trying to repair. "A wise woman builds her house, the foolish tears it down with both hands." Also we have to survive the wait to hear about the job. I don't even want to think about the ramifications of not getting it. I think I feel queasy now. Maybe I should eat some chocolate. Like a barrel. Or two.

P.S. Note to BooMama: I can't figure out how to reply to your blog, because it requires more brains than I can wrangle at this point. Suffice it to say, "You're a better man than I, Gunga Din," when it comes to wifery and I love reading your blogs.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

L, it might be that you're related to the pastor--that direct line stinks, doesn't it! I hate it when that happens!! :)

Girl Raised in the South said...

I loved your comment - direct feed camera from your house to pastor's. We've all felt exactly like this - the sermon starts and you just sink a bit lower in the seat. Thankfully His grace is big enough to cover it when we blow it - again.