Thursday, July 13, 2006

On the road again

Let me start with a recap of last week's journey.

We had a lovely drive to Tulsa and arrived at our motel to find our names posted in the lobby. We had been chosen as the Priority Club members of the day and were rewarded with: a suite instead of our discount room, a special parking place, an appetizer buffet, a free breakfast, a gourmet chocolates! Wow, what a blessing! It really set the tone for our trip. We unpacked, contacted my mother-in-law and had dinner at Zio's (always a favorite), and headed back to the hotel for an early night. Yes, we actually made it to bed by 11!

Doug headed out to his interview the next morning just before 10 and I moseyed down to breakfast. I had the whole buffet to myself (aaahhhh) and had the nicest waitresses ever. One older lady even packed an orange to go. She put it in a brown bag and said, "It's just like going to school. Have a nice day and be good!" "Thanks, Mom!" I replied and returned to the room. 2 hours later Doug finished up his interview and said it went very well. The front desk asked about the interview and treated us so nicely. We had some lunch and went house shopping.

That evening we headed out to the country to have dinner with some dear old friends we knew from 22 years ago. We were young and poor together in those days - now we're older and still poor, but they have fared quite well. They have a huge log home on 99 acres and are semi-retired from the plumbing business. They now train race horses. This is me not coveting! HA! They're still just as down-home as ever and we had a great time catching up.

Back to the hotel with the intention of leaving in the morning. Fast forward to 2 pm. when we finally left town. I think hubby was just hoping the boss would call him in to negotiate and so didn't want to leave.

That was Friday - we still haven't heard back from the interview and are wondering what happens now. Thank you note sent, follow-up call and email. Nothing.

Trying to stay positive, I applied for another position at ORU as a Communications Staff Writer. HR replied that I would need to take a written test before I could get an interview. SO, I'm headed back up to Tulsa tomorrow and hoping that God will move Heaven and Earth to arrange an interview while I'm there. This is gettin' spendy. Monday is family camp so I've got to zip back home and pack up the young-uns and head to East Texas.

Once again your prayers would be so appreciated. It's good to know we're not alone in these trying times. God is good - all the time.

the Road Warrior


Sarah's In the Midst of It said...

Still praying:) And the chocolate part? Nice!!

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

Waiting is hard, never seems to get easier. Hopefully knowing we out here are praying as you all wait will help. Let us know. Don't you love it when God arranges for little gifts along the way, like priority club suites.

Barb said...

My sister and my niece are so right. Chocolate's always good! And the waiting, that's the hardest part. But it sounds like you had a nice time, relaxed and enjoyed yourself. I told you before, I just have a good feeling about this. You're in my prayers and I can't wait to hear the outcome.